Pages

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Lush <3

My never ending search for the perfect lip balm lead me to everyone's favourite bubbly bubble bath company: Lush.

Already mesmerised by their delicious smelling body washes and scrubs, I was delighted to discover a cute little lip balm tin nestled between their infamous shampoo's and hand lotion. The understated design, promise of chocolate flavouring, all natural ingredients and that it's hand produced made me fall in love the 'Whip Stick' lip balm instantly. Besides, with ingredients such as oat milk, dark chocolate and vanilla, what could go wrong?!

As soon as I opened the tiny tin I was greeted by the delicious smell of chocolate and the product transferred easily from tin to finger and from finger to mouth.

Yet its texture was surprisingly grainy and heavy. The balm felt more like rice pudding on my lip rather than a balm that would leave my lips seductively smooth and glossy. It also took some intensive rubbing to get rid of clumpy bits that formed on my lip. Furthermore the sensation of a freshly applied lip balm only lasted a mere 5 minutes before I had the urge to re-apply and long term use didn't make my lips any softer either.

One last thing I would like to share with you is that my boyfriend believes that its smell, taste and texture is somewhat revolting. I think 'It felt like I have just made out with a granny who ate an out-of-date kinder egg' were his exact words.

So if you are planning to snog or marry any time soon you better avoid. But if you are looking for a balm with an unusual texture for those long and cold winter days, then this is the product for you.

Overall Rating: 5/10

No comments: